Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Old Time Radio - Doors of Doom Episode 1 - Whistles in the Dark

Back when there was no television in the home and instead families sat around the old radio there were all kinds of radio shows.  In these old time radio shows they had comedy, drama, and horror.  I personally have always loved the scary radio shows with the creaking doors and screams.  So this last Christmas as a gift for my mother-in-law (who also loves these shows as well as Alfred Hitchcock and The Twilight zone) I sat by myself in my room and wrote, recorded, and edited my own radio show for her.  I did two episodes. The video above features the first episode in The Doors of Doom radio show.  Many of my inspirations came from Inner Sanctum Mysteries and The Shadow which you can find and listen to for free online!

Recording my own version of one of these creepy shows was one of the most fun activities I've done.  I remember why I loved acting so much!  It's fun to be emotional and over the top.  So recording this was a blast!  I hope you all enjoy the first episode!  I'll be  posting the second episode some time in the near future!  Thanks for listening!  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment